The Heritage Trust Estate Administration Boot Camp: A Complete Guide on How to Probate and Administer an Estate in British Columbia (Paperback)
Everything You Need to Know about Effectively Administering a British Columbia Estate.
The Heritage Trust Estate Administration Boot Camp guide is a comprehensive and practical resource designed to assist an executor or administrator of a BC estate, from start to finish. From making funeral arrangements to the final distribution, this guide offers a detailed look at the responsibilities and potential liabilities associated with administering a BC estate, including:
- Definitions of key concepts and terms
- Initial responsibilities, including arranging the funeral and dealing with remains
- How to prepare and apply for letters probate and letters of administration
- How to prepare an inventory of assets and debts of the estate
- Income tax basics
- Estate accounting basics
- Your role as trustee
- Distribution of the estate
- Compensation for the personal representatives
- Estates of Indigenous People
- And further resources available
This practical guide will be indispensable for executors and administrators in BC.