Math Games for Geometry and Measurement: Games to Support Independent Practice in Math Workshop and More, Grades K–5 (Paperback)
Email or call to check availability
These twenty-three carefully selected, classroom-tested games can be played successfully by learners on their own or during math workshop. You’ll find all-time favorites like Connect Four and Compare. You’ll also discover games that you’ve likely not encountered before—as well as twists on some of your personal favorites!
The step-by-step lessons offer a wealth of teacher support, including:
• strategies for differentiating instruction;
• key questions and learning targets to promote student thinking;
• tips for using interactive whiteboards; and
• reproducibles—from game boards, directions, and recording sheets to assessments (also available in downloadable, printable format).
Two Ways to Access the Games
To help you find the game you want as quickly as possible, this resource features two content lists:
1. Alphabetical list: Games ordered alphabetically by title with grade-level indications
2. Materials list: List of games by materials used (dice, counters, playing cards, and so forth)
About the Author
Jamee Petersen has taught in classrooms across the country—from Nebraska to Minnesota to Florida. She is an educational advisor at the local, state, and national levels and has served as a consultant for Math Solutions. Her publications include Math and Nonfiction, Grades K–2 and Math Games for Number and Operations and Algebraic Thinking, Grades K–5